Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Reema had been approaching me for 10 years" - Rani Mukerji

Q. After Aiyyaa, Talaash is with a new director - Reema Kagti. What’s the best part about working with new directors?
Sachin Kundalkar (director of Aiyyaa) and Reema both like me as an actor. When an artiste works with a director who’s fond of her, then it’s a completely different rapport. Reema had been approaching me for 10 years. New directors have already seen your films, so their perspective is different. They try to portray you differently in their script. So, half your work is made easy. 
Q. Who else would you like to work with?
I’d like to work with Zoya Akhtar. Zoya’s been wanting to work with me for years. I’m sure working with her will add to my performance. I also like Imtiaz Ali, Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Basu, Anurag Kashyap, Maneesh Sharma and Abhishek Chaubey. I never got a chance to work with Adi (filmmaker Aditya Chopra). I’d love it if he directs me. 
Q. The directors you named make meaningful films. Are you on such a trip now?
No. Imtiaz Ali’s films are highly commercial. Zoya also makes commercial films. I’d also be happy to work with those directors with whom I’ve already worked, like Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Shaad Ali. Then, there is Karan Johar. If Reema and Sachin approach me again, I’d work with them too.
Q. You are working with Kareena Kapoor in Talaash after a decade. Share some special moments with her.
During the shooting of Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Kareena and I had great fun. We cherish those memories. We are fond of each other. During the shoot in London, we’d often go to Hyde Park for a walk. We had our meals together. When we were in Switzerland, I remember having strawberries and ice cream. Whilst shooting in the Lake District, the entire unit travelled in the same bus and played antakshari on the way. Today times have changed. Now, every actor travels in a different car. We share a common trait — we are both frank, we hold nothing in our hearts. In Talaash we didn’t have any scenes together. But we’ve shot together for a promotional video.
Q. You’ve worked with Aamir Khan again too. What has remained unchanged about him?
His passion for work. Actually, it’s increasing every day. His dedication towards a project has doubled. There used to be a sense of fun earlier, which is less today.
Written by-Raghuvendra Singh
Credit:Filmfare
Link:http://www.filmfare.com/interviews/reema-had-been-approaching-me-for-10-years-rani-mukerji-1801.html

No comments: