Monday, December 26, 2016

“2016 was a hatke year for me.” - Arjun Kapoor

Arjun Kapoor looks back to 2016 and sees it as a year of achievement and fulfillment...
-Raghuvendra Singh
Arjun Kapoor made a lot of difference in 2016 by choosing unique and different paths and making important decisions. He began it on a positive note with making his television debut as the host of Khatron Ke Khiladi. Then his film Ki & Ka with Kareena Kapoor Khan won audience’s attention and earned good money at the box-office. It was not an easy film to do but the actor made a brave choice and it became the first of its kind film. Talking about the past year with Filmfare, Arjun Kapoor says, “It was really good. Khatron Ke Khiladi was starting point for me. For me it was a big decision to bring the change because I never believe playing by the rules. So I wanted to break the rules and change the rules in my own way. I thought this was a nice way of me being able to do something unique as a young actor and to connect with a lot of people. Thankfully, the result was very good. People were happy, the channel was happy. That was a great start of the year followed by of course, Ki & Ka which again was something different. And it worked.” He adds, “Before the release people thought it was such an off idea as Indians don’t necessarily accept a man sitting at home, running a home that kind of thought. I was happy that it got accepted.

On his way forward, the young star says, “I have completed Half Girlfriend. It was a fantastic experience to shoot with Mohit Suri with whom I always wanted to work. I have never done a pan-India passionate love story. It was exciting play a character from Bihar.”


And finally this year Arjun got an opportunity to work with his chachu, Anil Kapoor. He says, “I always wanted to work with Anil chachu and to do it with a comedy film, which was again unexplored by me. I have never done a proper out and out family entertainer. We always end up doing films that are more multiplex films. I feel Anees Bazmi’s Mubarakan is one of those films that’s all India friendly again.”



Arjun sums up his enthralling year in a short and sweet way. “So I think 2016 was a year of me doing genuinely making different decisions and seeing results. It was hatke year for me. It all worked out well for me this year,” smiles Arjun.

No comments: